Everything is marked in Map2Fly / Anzeigen in M2F

ACHTUNG: Mit der neuen EU Drohnenverordnung muß sich jeder Drohnen-Betreiber beim Luftfahrtbundesamt registrieren und seine Drohne mit der e-ID kennzeichnen! Ein passendes Kennzeichen bekommst Du hier im Shop. Außerdem benötigst Du eine Drohnen-Versicherung. Hier geht es zu unserem Drohnen-Versicherungsvergleich. Informationen zum neuen EU Drohnenführerschein gibt es hier.

• Everything is marked in Map2Fly / Anzeigen in M2F

Hallo,

I just moved to Germany so my German is still "nicht so gut".
      I hope it is fine if I'll write in English, but feel free to answer in German, I will use Google Translate.

So I was planning to buy a DJI Mini 2---I took the A1/A3 exam, I have an e-ID, and I have an insurance. I'm practically a few clicks from clicking the "purchase" button.
      However, I was investigating some fly zone maps, and it seems like impossible to fly anywhere.
      In the Map2Fly app EVERYTHING is colored... EVERYTHING is either agriculture, forestry, natural reserve, biosphere reserve, etc.

Where do you fly then?

Thanks, and sorry if I'm the thousand guy who asked that question ||

Schönes wochenend!
    • Please compare the information in Map2Fly with the prohibitions in this law:
      gesetze-im-internet.de/luftvo_2015/__21b.html
      Unfortunately they are only in german. This law is still in force, a new one will follow in a few days.
      if you want, you can also write us where you want to start. I am sure you will get an answer here.
      Another possibility is to use the App „Droniq“. There you can configure settings like your drone and your flight area. Then there are more places where it is allowed to fly because your Mini2 is so light.
      All you need to do is create a free account.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Guenther J. ()

• You can also try another way.

On this site, there are a lot drone pilots who use apps like Map2Fly or Droniq and also know the actual regulations from the EU and Germany.

You can tell us your approximate area (not your exact location), and we can look at this country and compare the regulations where are some spots to fly with the DJI Mini 2 for example.

It’s difficult to say something to a place without any informations about it.
      DJI Air 3 Fly More Combo
    • Hi @gilsho,

besides any language-issues, please be aware that you have to be familiar with the loacal regulations so either you deepdive into the adjustment opportunities more or less any app or webtool offers or, as mentions above, "use" the experience of the people here.
      Both ways do have pros and cons but I'm sure that with every task practicing you'll improve your capabilities to develop experience and do it on your own in near future.

When practicing with the tools, no matter which, please keep in mind that there are different layers of information ... in terms of some are a realy binding no go, others are notes that are not relevant for drone operators, so you will need to learn how to differ amongst.

Besides M2F here's a list of potential alternative tools: Linkliste Flugzonen, NFZ, NOTAM, Schutzgebiete usw.
      "we brake for nobody" ... me? sarcastic? never!
    • gilsho schrieb:

In the Map2Fly app EVERYTHING is colored... EVERYTHING is either agriculture, forestry, natural reserve, biosphere reserve, etc.
      That's exactly the problem with Map2Fly. They show way too much information about areas, where it isn't prohibited by law to fly your drone.
      Sure, it's possible to switch off not needed Map Layers (see below), but you are not able to save your configuration. So every time you use Map2Fly you have to customise it again.

Just use the Droniq-App, it's from the DFS, the German Air Traffic Control Authority, anyway...
      Bilder
      • Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 09.55.33.jpg

56,07 kB, 522×746, 123 mal angesehen
      • Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 09.55.41.jpg

32,96 kB, 530×530, 121 mal angesehen
      • Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 09.55.57.jpg

135,61 kB, 403×768, 119 mal angesehen
      • Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 09.56.07.jpg

20,65 kB, 534×274, 110 mal angesehen
      • Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-13 um 09.56.19.jpg

35,88 kB, 534×494, 138 mal angesehen
    • Thanks everyone!

@B69, I guess that's my problem, how does one differ amongst the different notes.

Let's maybe take one place as a use-case:
      I'm living at Stuttgart, and the first place I was thinking about flying is here.

According to Droniq I get "Caution" warning.
      According to Dronecase I get "Clear Area".
      According to Map2Fly I get "Protected landscape (Weinberg- und Gartenlandschaft zwischen Bad Cannstatt und Untertürkheim - bw_1.11.019)" and "Agricultural area".

?( ?( ?(

So how should I proceed?
    • enjoy flying there by avoiding the red, grey and yellow marked spots ... pls. see also attached the screenshot of M2F and the setup for the environmental checkboxes (fyi, I just checked the spot and its direct environment, not the industrial and residential areas in red e.g.)

edit: if you'll check the same spot in Droniq, you'll find an orange notice - by longpressing this you'll get the information about the Covid-NOTAM that is not relevant for drone operators
      "we brake for nobody" ... me? sarcastic? never!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von B69 ()

• Got it.
      May I take another use-case?
      We plan to visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen area soon, so I did a little search in the forum and saw this conversation.

In geodienste.bfn.de it does not marked as a protected area, where as in map2fly it does.
      So again, how should one know if he can legally fly there?

Thanks again for your patience!
      I just want to fly responsibly :)
      Bilder
      • 1.PNG

178,3 kB, 746×411, 120 mal angesehen
      • 2.PNG

174,57 kB, 1.024×417, 118 mal angesehen
    • The Eibsee and its surroundings are private property, and drones are prohibited by the owner (Eibsee Hotel) to start and land in the whole area. So there is no legal way to fly drones there, because of the obligation to fly them in visual line of sight only.
      Of course you can ask the hotel to get a permission.
    • Ich habe gerade gesehen, dass Flynex die Benutzeroberfläche und Karte von Map2Fly geändert und erweitert hat.
      D.h., vermutlich jetzt werden wohl nach und nach auch die Flyzones von anderen Ländern eingepflegt und angezeigt, sodass die Infos in M2F noch umfassender werden.
      Ich freue mich darüber, da ich M2F, wegen der detaillierten Infos gerne nutze. :thumbup: :)
    • Geändert - aber noch mehr Fehler. Hier in Seevetal zwischen Horster Dreieck und Ohlendorf an der A7 sind die WE z.B. alle doppelt mit etwas Abstand eingetragen.
      Gruß aus der Nordheide
      GThomas
      - Meine Flugmodelle/Drohnen werden ausschließlich zu Sport- und Freizeitzwecken geflogen -