FPV VTX antenna having 3 sodering points

ACHTUNG: Mit der neuen EU Drohnenverordnung muß sich jeder Drohnen-Betreiber beim Luftfahrtbundesamt registrieren und seine Drohne mit der e-ID kennzeichnen! Ein passendes Kennzeichen bekommst Du hier im Shop. Außerdem benötigst Du eine Drohnen-Versicherung. Hier geht es zu unserem Drohnen-Versicherungsvergleich. Informationen zum neuen EU Drohnenführerschein gibt es hier.

• FPV VTX antenna having 3 sodering points

So after my VTX antenna broke off at the connector and when I wanted to resoder it I noticed that it has 3 connection points... I always thought antennas only need 1 connection so I connected all of them together as it was much easier. However, now my video signal is much worse than before... any ideas?
    • Hi,
      antennas almost always have two connections, signal and ground. Even if the antenna itself doesn't use the ground, the shielding of the coax cable will be grounded. I guess two of those three soldering points were ground, since Connectors often use more than one grounded pad, just to make it mechanically stronger.

Sadly, if you shorted signal to ground, there's a very high chance you fried your VTX.
      When you'r unsure about the purpose of a soldering pad, leave it blank, never connect it to something else.