How legally to start flying a drone in Germany?

ACHTUNG: Mit der neuen EU Drohnenverordnung muß sich jeder Drohnen-Betreiber beim Luftfahrtbundesamt registrieren und seine Drohne mit der e-ID kennzeichnen! Ein passendes Kennzeichen bekommst Du hier im Shop. Außerdem benötigst Du eine Drohnen-Versicherung. Hier geht es zu unserem Drohnen-Versicherungsvergleich. Informationen zum neuen EU Drohnenführerschein gibt es hier.

• How legally to start flying a drone in Germany?

Sorry in advance for the English, I'm still on my way to mastering German.
      ---
      Hi guys, for the last couple of weeks, I've been continuously training in a drone simulator app, to improve my flying skills, and for outdoor flights, I bought a small drone from betfpv.
      Now I'd like to fly with a more mature drone, in order to do it I have to:
      1. Register as an operator. ( left )
      2. Obtain an EU Drone License. (not sure where to get it exactly, is this a good source ?)
      3. Buy liability insurance ( Getsafe link )
      Since I'm new to all these things I'd like to validate with someone who is more experienced in this area and to find the right sources to complete all these steps. Also please let me know if I missed something.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von GVArt ()

• You'll need a minimum of three things, in order:
      1. Get an insurance that covers what you want to do and which gives you any proof of that being the case, because you'll need it in the next step. Either through an extension of an existing liability insurance, through an external one or join one of the big RC flying associations, since membership in most of them includes insurance. This is mandatory for any drone, no matter how small it is.
      1. Register yourself as a drone operator in the EU country you live in. In Germany this is done by the LBA. You'll need to upload proof of your insurance in order to do that.
      2. After successful registriation, you'll need to mark all of your drones with your operator/remote pilots ID. This is mandatory for all sizes and kinds of drones with any camera OR if above 250g.
      3. OPTIONAL: If your drone is above 250g of takeoff weight, you're required to obtain an EU remote pilots license A1/A3. This can be done in any EU country, but here the LBA also offers that one.
      Make yourself comfortable with the EU OPEN category drone regulations (A1 - A3) and with the local drone laws (google "LuftVO §21h").

If you, however, apply for membership in one of the big RC flying associations (DMFV, MFSD), then you might fly under their own rules in the EU SPECIAL category and you won't need the A1/A3 license, but only their own internal one. This is generally less limited than OPEN and perfect for FPV flying and the likes.
      Flying in SPECIAL with their license only applies to Germany and not to the whole EU.
      Step 1-3 still apply.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Schwurbelmeister ()

• Schwurbelmeister schrieb:

You'll need a minimum of three things, in order:
      1. Get an insurance that covers what you want to do and which gives you any proof of that being the case, because you'll need it in the next step. Either through an extension of an existing liability insurance, through an external one or join one of the big RC flying associations, since membership in most of them includes insurance. This is mandatory for any drone, no matter how small it is.
      1. Register yourself as a drone operator in the EU country you live in. In Germany this is done by the LBA. You'll need to upload proof of your insurance in order to do that.
      2. After successful registriation, you'll need to mark all of your drones with your operator/remote pilots ID. This is mandatory for all sizes and kinds of drones with any camera OR if above 250g.
      3. OPTIONAL: If your drone is above 250g of takeoff weight, you're required to obtain an EU remote pilots license A1/A3. This can be done in any EU country, but here the LBA also offers that one.
      Make yourself comfortable with the EU OPEN category drone regulations (A1 - A3) and with the local drone laws (google "LuftVO §21h").

If you, however, apply for membership in one of the big RC flying associations (DMFV, MFSD), then you might fly under their own rules in the EU SPECIAL category and you won't need the A1/A3 license, but only their own internal one. This is generally less limited than OPEN and perfect for FPV flying and the likes.
      Flying in SPECIAL with their license only applies to Germany and not to the whole EU.
      Step 1-3 still apply.
      Thank you so much for such a detailed answer, this definitely will be helpful for me.